The programs operate 24 hours a day with staff that includes a prescriber, nurses, clinicians, technicians and operational support staff. Although Advantage’s Crisis Stabilization Unit is in a secure facility, it is not a forensic unit. The unit does not determine admission to the unit based solely on law enforcement hold statuses.
- Psychiatric assessment and ongoing care
- Nursing assessment and care
- Medication administration, evaluation, and monitoring
- Treatment planning
- Brief group skills training and counseling
- Education re: psychiatric illness, substance abuse, medications, relapse prevention
- Referrals/linkage to aftercare and community-based services both within Advantage and with other community agencies.
- Referrals to medical and dental care and housing supports.